God leaves no doubt about our condition. While we set our standards of right and wrong by society’s values, God’s standard is His own holiness. How do we measure up? “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). It is only fair that God demands holiness; that is how He first created mankind. We have rebelled against Him as a race and as individuals. Our pathway away from God has brought its consequences. “The wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23a). The Bible compares sin to a cruel slave master. There is no mercy in suffering, no freedom from bondage, no lasting joy, no hope for the future. Most frightening is the final consequence of sin. The Bible warns that without God’s salvation, death is the doorway to eternal punishment (Hebrews 9:27). It is from this that we need to be saved. From our own sin. From its bondage. From its consequences. “How shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation?” (Hebrews 2:3).
IS THERE A GOD? DON’T ALL RELIGIONS REFER TO THE SAME GOD?
Yes there is a God. No, all religions don’t refer to the same God. The God that we as Christians serve has an only begotten son by the name of Jesus.
WHAT HAS GOD DONE FOR ME?
God loves you so much that He sent his only begotten Son Jesus to die on a cross to save us from going to hell. Also, God gave you parents, a home, food, and clothes.
WHAT IS SIN AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH GOD OR ME?
Sin is something that we do that hurts God’s feelings. Sin makes Him sad. For example, lying, stealing, cheating, cursing, fighting, sexual immorality, and disobedience are all forms of sin.
WHAT IF I CONTINUE TO SIN AND IGNORE GOD?
If you continue to sin and ignore God, He will do all that He can to get you to listen to Him and to stop sinning. If you ignore God and keep sinning or if you die while sinning and have not repented then you will go to hell. To repent is not just saying I am sorry. It is to stop repeating the same sin.
HOW DO I TALK TO GOD?
You talk to God just like we are talking. You can tell God anything. Good things, bad things, and things that you want him to help you with. We call it prayer, but there is no certain way or place that you have to talk to God.
HOW DO I GET RIGHT WITH GOD?
The first thing that you have to do is admit that you are a sinner but you want to change. Tell God all of the things that you have done. That is called confession. Next, you have to believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died on the cross for your sins. After you believe, you ask Him to come and live in your heart and guess what? He will.
WHAT IS GOD’S PLAN FOR ME?
God wants the best for you. Right now his plan for you is for you to go to church and to learn more about Him. He also wants you to pray and talk to him as much as you can. God commands you to honor your parents, teachers, and elders. He doesn’t want you to sin anymore. When you do sin, you should be quick to talk to Him about it so that He can forgive you.
HOW CAN I BE SAVED?
Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior by saying a prayer of salvation and then live a lifestyle that is pleasing to Him.
Dear Heavenly Father…
Have mercy upon me and hear my prayer. I have heard your call and here I am to answer. I acknowledge that I have strayed from your will for my life and I am sorry. Forgive me.
I now believe that You are God the Father, the Almighty. I believe that Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, your only begotten Son, was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. I believe that Jesus Christ was crucified for my sins, buried, and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you Lord for your grace. I am now forgiven and free of sin. I am now born again in Christ. I will go forward in Christ and learn His ways. Amen.
I AM NOW SAVED. WHAT’S NEXT?
- Join and REGULARLY attend a local church that believes:
- The Holy Bible is the Word of God.
- Jesus is the Son of God and is the only way to salvation.
- In God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
- Be water baptized as a symbol to others that you have been made new in Christ.
- Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit to help you maintain your salvation with boldness to witness and power to overcome sin.
- Read your Bible daily. (King James Version is recommended). Find out what God wants for your life through his Word. God loved you so much as His son/daughter that He added you to His will. Find out what God desires for you by reading His will. He has left you some invaluable treasures!
- Pray. Talk to God as often as you can. If you love someone, you always want to talk to them. Show God you love and honor Him by talking to Him about EVERYTHING.
- Get busy in your church! Join a ministry and be dedicated to its success. Churches usually have a variety of ministries/teams you can join.